
Once again, it's been awhile since I posted anything about our Tot School (soon to be Preschool Corner for our soon-to-be 4 yr old!). We have done fun things pertaining to Letters G, H, I, J, and K since my last Tot School post, but I only have pictures from a few of those. One of the letters that we enjoyed alot was J because we were on that letter right around Christmastime. We did lots of fun papers and crafts with 'J is for Jesus' as our theme. (printables all coming from Confessions of a Homeschooler's blog. We even put together our own stable complete with Baby Jesus in the manger and a star on top. (but no pictures...boo hoo!)
Here is a pictures of Levi trying to arrage some inchworms (for Letter I) in order from biggest to smallest.

Levi did a "complete the pattern" activity. If you click on this picture, it will show larger and you can see that his patterns were the 3 Wise Men, and Baby Jesus in the manger

Wyatt has been doing extremely well with watercolors. He gets frustrated alot when he is coloring with crayons and gets out of the lines. But for some reason when he paints w/ water colors, he has alot more control it seems and stays in the lines more easily (see Candy Cane picture below)

Wyatt completed a "puzzle". I printed this picture and cut it into 6 squares and he had to put it back together.

More Fun with "K is for Kite" theme.

These kites were from the Resource Center and were a big hit! Great to have something tangible to go along with the theme and great for re-inforcing (Wyatt) and teaching (Levi) numbers!

Take 2!! Levi's eyes are now open, but Wyatt is doing some pirate moves!

LIFE SCHOOL
Just some everyday "teachable" moments we get to share with just everyday LIFE!
I'll save the info and pics about our BIG NC SNOW for another post, but here are a few. Adam was out of work for 4 days due to snow and ice. The first day was really fun with lots of soft snow, then it got icy and "too crunchy" to play in. The boys were bored, but needed to be outside to get some energy out!! I put some food coloring into 2 sprayer/squirter water bottles and sent them out. Not sure if you can see well from this picture, but we had blue and green snow/ice all around our yard! They had fun! They also learned how to walk in snow and be careful on ice when they were walking with Daddy up our snowy street. (notice the trash can lid in Adam's hand. our southern sled!)

No comments:
Post a Comment