Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring and Couponing

It doesn't feel like it today, but Spring is here in North Carolina. It actually felt almost like summer last week with highs near 80 and wonderfully warm sunshine! But it was just a tease, now we are have rainy, cold days. Later in the week when it finally stops raining, all the trees should be green! yay!! I always remember going into the hospital when Levi was born, and coming out and everything was green and fully bloomed!
One of the really wonderful things about our new house is all the time the previous ownerns put into landscaping and gardening. Below is a picture of the beginning flowers in our strawberry patch! yahoo! This is the 3rd season for them and they are in a raised bed w/ a closed, hinged cover to keep the birds away, so the strawberries should do well from all that I have googled :-) Hopefully we'll have our first fruits in another month or so. The previous owners also planted 2 blueberry bushes, but last year was the first year, so they are looking a little small right now. We'll see.
And if we weren't going to PA for the whole summer, I would have planted a vegetable garden in the compost rich soil that the previous owners have been turning over for the past few years! We are blessed.

I have been going back and forth as to whether or not couponing is "worth it" for our family. I don't deny that some people save lots of money by couponing, but it does take alot of time. Not just time to cut out the coupons, but the extra trips you have to make to specific stores to get certain sale + coupon match ups. But anytime I think about "quitting" couponing, I end up getting some awesome deals like the one pictured below.

got all of this for $2 b/c of Harris Teeter's sale + super doubles (when they double coupons over $1). I have never done this well b4, so I had to post the pic! :-)
The cereal was FREE (on sale for $2, and had 4- $1 off coupons which HT doubled), the laundry detergent was $1 (on sale for $3, and had a $1 off coupon which HT doubled), the salad kit was on sale + coupon too.

1 comment:

  1. I've been couponing for a couple years but only going to Food Lion where I normally shop but now I'm to the point I'm trying to venture out and try the super doubles at other stores. You are right you get hooked when you see what great deals you can get for your family!

    ReplyDelete