Thursday, June 2, 2011

Butterflies

I bought a Butterfly kit last winter when a homeschool store was going out of business. I got it for a great deal and thought it would be interesting to watch the catepillars change into butterflies. They had done this at our local library the year before and the boys asked alot of questions about the whole process.
I don't have any pictures of the beginning stages of the catepillars or their chrysilas, but these pics are the day that we let the butterflies go. Levi was standing ready w/ his butterfly to catch one when it started flying. Sadly, they flew up and away so fast, he really had no chance. Wyatt was able to get one to momentarily go on his finger b4 it flew away, but my camera wasn't quick enough to capture the moment ;-(
One of my favorite blogs is doing a give-away for a butterfly kit. And I would love win this and do the butterfly project again next Spring! You can enter to win too!
Just click here for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment