My firstborn is now SIX years old! I can't believe it! We had a fun birthday party with all things "Ninjago"...it's a cartoon with Lego people as ninjas! Thanks to my cousin, Andrew, I have a lot of great pictures for memories sake!
Most of my party décor is from ideas and links that I found on Pinterest. Most things I just printed out directly from a link and then laminated a few of them to re-use for Levi's 6th birthday next year!
Below is a picture of all the little ninja party guests! Each guest brought an extra long-sleeve shirt and we showed them how to make a ninja hood out of their shirt (no cutting or gluing required!)
This picture is out of order, but...On the actual day of his birthday, I made him a huge pancake in the shape of a #6 along w/ some pink food colored heart pancakes. And of course birthday pancakes have to have sprinkles on them!
And back to the birthday party...
We had to play some ninja games of course, and what better than speed slicer on the Wii!
Some other ninja activities that we did were "Finding your Ninja Name" and "Decorate Your Ninja Star". We made up the ninja stars before the party because it was quite involved to make them. And by "involved" I mean it took a lot of thinking and perfection to fold the paper in just the right way. Thankfully I had my Engineering cousin there to help me! When the boys are older, it will be a fun activity to make with them, but I couldn't imagine trying to have 6 five and six year olds trying to fold the paper perfectly to create the star! It's harder than it looks! Check You Tube! :-)
One of the favorites by far was "Sensi Wu Says" (a spin-off on Simon Says). Adam was gracious enough to hold my Sensi Wu beard and play the part of Simon, I mean Sensi.
And here are the Ninja's in-training participating in Sensii Wu Says
The food and drink were all ninja themed as well. Once again, a big shout out to Pinterest! I'll post all the links at the bottom of this post!
Even these cupcake toppers were from Pinterest. I just printed, laminated, cut out, and attached to a small piece of drinking straw to stick into the cupcake! And they will be used again for Levi's 6th birthday party next year!
Snakes are a big part of the ninjago cartoon. The boys got a kick out of the veggie snake!
The goody bags used for when the piñata was broken. Print out ninja eyes from Pinterest.
Ninjago jello cups! Homemade. Easy. Pinterest!
Our Birthday Boy!
My cousins, Andrew and Luke with Wyatt!
links:
water bottle labels
no sew ninja hood
ninja food
ninja weapon making
ninja jello cups












No comments:
Post a Comment