The first half of August, we were still in PA spending part of our time at camp (work) with Adam and part of our time at my parents house. We were anxiously awaiting our whole family vacation to the Outer Banks later in the month. I have to say "our whole family" vacation, because one could argue that the boys and I were on vacation the whole summer in PA while Adam was working at camp. I would partially agree...I mean, I still worked at my part-time from "home" (whether that may be NC or PA) job, and I was a single parent alot of time doing just day to day things like cooking, cleaning, breaking up fights, laundry, etc.
But then there were pool days, and beach days, and amusement park days...so yes, that was a partial vacation more so than Adam got as he went from his school year job to his summer job with only day in between and that was spent driving 600 miles! He is such a hard worker to provide for our family!
Below are the August activities in picture:
So proud of his catch!
Having a birthday is so much more fun when you have kids who are so excited to get you presents, flowers, balloons and a cake! My parents helped them in their desire to shower me with all of these wonderful surprises! Levi couldn't believe that Grandma found a cake that had my name written on it! (he hasn't realized that you can custom order cakes yet) :-)
We left PA and drove 400 miles to the OBX and stayed with my in-laws for 4 days. Despite the unseasonably cool and wet weather, we still had a relaxing time as a family.
Normally in August at the OBX, you would not have on this much clothing when going to the beach!
Levi lost his 2nd tooth! My dad got to pull it out. The amazing part was that Levi did not even shed a tear or scream, or having a temper, or kick, or hit. My dad it out with none of Levi's usual "drama"!!
My mom and I had a wonderful day in Lancaster, PA seeing the Amish "stuff" and shopping at the outlets!
The boys loved to eat their lunch in Grandma's tree in her back yard!
Sunset on the Outer Banks Beach
Exploring a hole that someone had dug earlier in the day
Taking his beach "finds" back to Gram's house.
A rainy, cool day spent at the NC Aquarium in Nags Head.
Being silly outside of the Aquarium
August is also Daddy's birthday month. We got to celebrate his day while at his parents house.














No comments:
Post a Comment