Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekend with No Responsibilities!

Last weekend my friend Jill and I got the chance to get away from our responsibilities as wives and mothers. It was a nice break! Our husbands were so WONDERFUL to stay home w/ the kids for 2 nights!
We drove about 2 1/2 hrs North of Charlotte to Boone, NC. I had never been there, but Jill spent some time up there when she went to Appalachian State.
We stayed at a nice, quaint mom-n-pop run motel. Jill was my tour guide and took us all around the towns of Boone and Blowing Rock. It reminded me of a great mix of the mountains just north of where I grew up in PA (Bake Oven Knob for those of your from PA), and the country shops of Lancaster, PA.
It was such a change to be able to take a nap in the middle of the day, and to sleep in until 9am!!
Below is a picture of the Mast General Store. On the porch, there were 4 or 5 men playing instruments and singing Blue Grass Music. I loved it!



The corn was sooo tall, I had to take a picture for my Pop-pop!


We also drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped at the first trail that we came across. We parked, and got out to walk 2.3 miles around this lake thru the woods. It was very fun!


And here's a pictures of the gardens in front of our motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment