Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"School"

Regarding all of the activities that we do for "school"...
Ideally, on the either Saturday or Sunday, I go to the following websites to get ideas and prepare for the next Letter of the Week:
ABC Jesus Loves Me
Confessions of a Homeschooler

In ABCJLM, we are doing the 3 yr old Curriculum. I click on Weekly Lesson Plans, and read thru all of her suggestions/ideas and pick and choose which ones I think would benefit our family the best. She has the weekly lesson plans corresponding w/ the calendar school year of the end of Aug. to the beg. of May. We started off right along w/ her calendar, but the "plus" side of homeschool-preschool is going at your own pace, and taking breaks for different life changes like sickness, travel, or something "minor" like MOVING! :-) We are currently on Week 20 which she had set for the 2nd week of Jan, so we are a little behind, but I dont's spend a whole week on review like she has worked into the schedule, so we should be able to catch up if we do 2 letters/week here and there.
I LOVE ABCJLM for the emphasis on the Bible. We learn verses, Sunday School songs, and Bible stories all focused on the same theme!

Then I go to COAH, and click on the ABC's & 123's drop-down menu, and choose the letter that we are going to work on. I pick and choose the printables and activities that I think will best benefit our family. Aftering printing, I laminate most of COAH's print outs so that I can use them again next year with Levi or even again w/ Wyatt.
Both websites have Book Recommendations to correspond w/ the theme and/or letter. I then go to my local library's website and search for and reserve those books. If your local library has this option, it is PRICELESS!! I love getting the phone call that I have books waiting for me at the library! It's much easier than trying to search for specific books w/ 2 preschoolers in tow.

Those 2 websites + my local library are the main tools I use for resources for our homeschool preschool. But I also preuse the following websites for ideas, inspriration, and encouragement:
I Can Teach My Child
No Time for Flash Cards
1 + 1 + 1 = 1

No comments:

Post a Comment