Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tot School

~Wyatt is 4 years old. Levi is 2.75 years old~
Tot School



Once again, it's been awhile since I posted anything about our Tot School (now also Preschool Corner for our new 4 yr old!). We have done fun things pertaining to Letters L and M since my last Tot School post. And we've had many (probably too many) days "off" from school b/c I was busy packing boxes, and now I'm busy unpacking them at the NEW HOUSE! We'll have to move fast in order to get all the way thru to Letter Z before we go to PA for the summer break. But then again, after Wyatt's 4 year old well-check at his pediatrician, we could probably afford to slow down w/ "school". Have to brag just a little b/c the pediatrician was very impressed how Wyatt could write his name, and said that he had the skills of a 5 year old about to enter kindergarten! Yay Wyatt!

In this picture, Wyatt was building the pattern w/ Ladybugs that he saw on the print out from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Levi sorted these Ladybugs from smallest to largest.

I hit the jackpot with all things Ladybugs at the Resource Center. Wyatt put these ladybugs in a big circle, and then pretended one was his pillow and took a "nap". Then Levi joined him for rest time w/ the Ladybugs!


This was the intended use for the Counting Ladybugs...put the correct # of velcro black spots to correspond to the number sewn on the ladybug's back.

We also did "L" is for Lion and learned all about the Bible Story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. These fun paper bag puppets were something I found on First-School's website


Levi really got into this Ladybug fine motor-skills craft. He wanted to do it "by himself" and did very well handling the glue stick and ladybug spots.


Meanwhile, Wyatt was practicing writing his name w/ these fun Crayola markers from Grandma.


For the Letter M, we had a Monkey themed week. Below Levi is trying to match up the shapes that the Monkey is holding. (another printable from Confessions of a Homeschooler)

Wyatt put together this M is for Monkey "puzzle". I printed and laminated the picture, then cut into 6 equal pieces and he had to put it back together.

Wyatt is working on a counting activity from Confessions of a Homeschooler, and Levi was putting marbles into Valentine Hearts ice cube trays. Notice all of their Monkey Friends that joined us at the school table that day. The Money holding the bananas was another Resource Center find!!

You can click on any of the individual pictures to enlarge the view.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the tools you use to teach your boys! I am taking notes so that I can start with Joshua. I taught my older two with a curriculum but it was expensive for the work books so I am going to check out your resources :)

    ReplyDelete