Every weekend we had something going on starting with Wyatt's outpatient surgery (umbilical hernia repair--Google it for info), then Levi's 3rd birthday (I will give him his own blog post and pics tomorrow), then a trip to the Outer Banks, then Adam's family came to town for Easter, then our neighborhood yard sale! Phew!
I got behind on everything!! Not much "school" done w/ the kids, not many pictures, not many blog posts, not much cleaning...just enough chores to have clean clothes, towels, and dishes.
I still can't belive how fast "time is flying" now that the boys are older and more self-sufficient. It seemed as if time just drug on when we were in the baby stages and not getting much sleep. Back then, I was so much looking forward to the preschool ages, that now I feel like I wished away the baby stages and didn't enjoy them enough ;-( But I'm not going to waste anymore time wishing away things but instead eat up every minute of the time with them now! But now of course the time is flying and I wish I could slow it down. Or better yet, stop it completely! Well, maybe I'd stop it AFTER Levi is totally potty trained...I'm ready to be past the act of potty training! ugh!
Here are some pictures and info from April:
Right before they gave him the "silly juice" to relax him in prep for the anesthesia

"Silly Juice" is kicking in. He kept asking everyone how we knew his name. ha!

The silly juice made him look really drugged and swollen in his face too.

Afterwards a few hours in recovery that were very rough, he was happy for this popsicle (which he promptly threw up right after we were discharged)

This Beach Access sign is just a few hundred feet from my in-laws house at the Outer Banks. The walk up the sandy path thru the dunes to the beach is actually further than the distance we walked from their house to this sign! Great location!


Almost there...beautiful dunes and the beach all to ourselves!

Since the water was too cold, the boys spent alot of time "playing" football.

More football

Family picture

The Easter treats we decorated (and taste tested) for the neighbors. (click on the picture to enlarge the view)

More Easter treats...Bird's Nests complete with jelly bean "eggs", and Peep "birds".

Easter Sunday family picture

Adam's parents with all their grandchildren

All the Haines grandchildren (click to enlarge photo to see Levi's priceless facial expression)
No comments:
Post a Comment