
Looking back, I found that the last post about our tot school and preschool corner adventures was quite a few months ago! But that doesn't mean that we haven't been doing "school". That's the awesome thing about teaching your children at home, it can happen anywhere, about anything, at anytime! I just happen to "document" on my blog every once in awhile for memory sake (and the grandparents of course!)
Since I posted last, we have gone through the alphabet up to Letter W. I follow (very loosely) The Letter of the Week idea, but sometimes it takes us 2 weeks to get through all the fun activities and lessons on the particular letter. And when I say it takes 2 weeks, that still is only 3 or 4 days total of actual "preschool" around the kitchen table. No need to have sit-down "school" everyday! We have plenty of fun things that keep us busy from errands to playdates, to chores to family time. To read more on the "curriculum" I have used for my now 4 yr old and 3 yr old, read this post.
We did fun activities for Letter N is for Nest (in the spring time, complete w/ our very own robin nest in our pergola outside Levi's window) Wish I had a picture of that! But here is a picture of the Bird's Nests we made at Easter.


We did coloring pages for Letter O is for Octopus
And reading books from the library for Letter P is for Penguin
And fun color by number for Letter Q is for Quilt.
For Letter R, we did a great painting activity and made a rainbow by dipping the eraser side of a pencil in paint and making dots along along an arch.

For Letter S we had coloring pages of snakes (Levi's favorite) and did a Letter Hunt for things that start w/ the Letter S that we could find in our house.
For Letter T, I finally captured some pictures of our activities...
Below is Levi's sorting of Uppercase and Lowercase T's

Wyatt practicing tracing (all printables in these pics are from www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com)

Levi doing a color matching game also from Confessions of a Homeschooler


Then we did Letter U for umbrella and had some more color by number fun along w/ library books as always to go w/ our theme!
Now we are going thru V, W, X, Y, Z at Grandma's house this summer!
And there are always puzzles to enjoy! This is one of the biggest ones Wyatt has ever worked on! I love my preschoolers :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment