
Wow! Only 1 blog post in December, 1 in January and none in February! If any of you all are still following my blog and aren't my family, I'm really glad that you are my friends and love me enough to keep reading about the happenings in our life!! We haven't been any busier than normal, but life just keeps going and seems to be passing by faster and faster. I wish I could freeze time and keep my boys as preschoolers forever! I just LOVE this preschool age!
Levi and I are still having tons of fun at home with the ABC Jesus Loves Me 3 yr old curriculum and various ideas that I find on a couple other homeschool blogs. He is really starting to remember the letters and their different sounds as we continue to go thru the alphabet. We are up to Letter P and the Number 10. He has learned 9 Bible verses. He can also write his first name without any help. His favorite thing, by far, is cutting. We are still working on being able to cut on a straight line for shapes, but he loves to just cut up pieces of paper :-)
I hardly have any pictures of his school work and activities the past few months...we are just having too much fun to stop for pictures, I guess!
We play the board game (is it really a board game?), Memory, at least 3 times a day, and he is VERY good and often beats both Adam and I.
We are still renting toys and educational tools/toys from the Resource Center (aka "toy library"). Discovering the Resource Center has been one of the best things!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom has been one of their favorite books for awhile. We have gotten it from the library many times as well as renting the video. On our last trip to the Resource Center, we found this Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree complete w/ felt letters and numbers! Levi had fun knocking the tree over (boom, boom) after all the letters were put on top!



Wyatt is loving preschool at Mineral Springs United Methodist Church on M, W, F from 9 to 12. He already knew alot of the academics from our homeschool preschool last year, but it was important to us for me to be able to spend some one-on-one time with Levi. While sending Wyatt to preschool wasn't originally in our "plan", it has accomplished what we had desired with my training Levi one-on-one. And we love how MSUMC uses Abeka curriculum and has the children learn a new verse every week.
Wyatt has learned how to write his last name and is getting alot better at writing in general. We had only focused on writing upper case letters last year at home. His teacher has been very good at encouraging him to use lower case in writing his name. He was already reading short sentences from our lessons at home with the book, How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. And he is getting more practice with phonics and reading at preschool this year. His teacher has them do alot of creative artwork and we enjoy what he brings home! Here are some pictures of Wyatt's classroom when Levi and I brought in a birthday snack for him. Even Levi got to join in on




What a fun time at home and at preschool! It looks like the boys are enjoy this stage as much as you:)
ReplyDelete