Thursday, January 31, 2013

January also flies by!

I think that time just keeps going by faster, and faster. I thought December went fast because it was so busy with family in town and all of the Christmas festivities, but now January seems to have come and gone quickly as well! Time please slow down! I am trying to cherish moments each day of this time when my boys are still 4 and 5 years old, b/c they will never be that age again! Bittersweet!
 
In the beginning of January I hosted a baby shower for my sweet, southern-belle, friend, Norma! She has 2 girls already and is pregnant w/ her precious baby boy! I am so excited for her to be having boy! Her husband is a teacher and coach as well, so we relate on many levels in regards to men!

The pictures below are from her shower.
 

Then later in the month, we went to my sister's house to celebrate her son's 2nd birthday! He is a bit obsessed w/ Angry Birds! The boys had a fun time spending time w/ their cousins for the day!
Our Winters in NC don't get nearly as cold and snowy as it does for my friends and family in PA, but we still have lots of days in a row when we are stuck inside over the winter months. And it can get boring at times if we are not creative in different ways to have fun! The picture below is something I saw on Pinterest that was very easy and cheap to do! I used streamers that I had in our party supply stash and made a ... not sure what it's called exactly! :-) they had to find ways to go under and over and get through the hallway w/o touching the streamers. Maybe it was like spy-training or ninja training...not sure! But they had lots of fun putting it together and going through it!
The pictures below are about the extent of the snow that we usually get in NC. The boys got excited about it since we hardly ever see any at all. They wanted to go out and "crunch" it as they walked!


And on another cold, dreary day in January, we made another Pinterest inspired "craft". We bought some supplies to Norma's house and joined in with the supplies she had and made some candy snowmen w/ her girls! It was a blast and tasty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment