This very busy month started off with Christmas Caroling at a Nursing Home. The Kids' Choir that Wyatt is a part of at our church went to a local Nursing Home and performed their Christmas program in lieu of one of their practices for their performance at church. Levi and I went along as well, and Levi will be a part of the Kids' Choir next year!
We spent many late nights at "Daddy's Basketball games" as they both excitedly refer to the highschool team that Adam coaches. They enjoy going early and getting to warm up in the practice gym while the team stretches.
Below, is the Christmas program performance that the Kids' Choir put on at our church. Grandma and Papa were able to attend since they were in town to help with Aunt Emily's new baby due to be born the next day!
After the Christmas program at church, we went out for lunch to Sonny's BBQ!
The Christmas Parade in our small-town, downtown is always a highlight! It was very, very warm this year as evidenced in the boys' wardrobe in the picture below!
Levi faithfully waved at almost every vehicle and person that came by! It was so cute to stand behind him and watch his stiff, serious wave! :-)
The marching band from Adam's high school was also a part of the parade!
I was able to drive down to meet my newest nephew shortly after he was born! He reminded me so much of when Levi was a newborn!
The picture below is a homemade wooden sign that Adam and I both worked on! Adam measured and cut the wood for me. Then I stained it, and Adam put it together. Then I hand painted the verse from a stencil. I really enjoyed making this and even am considering making a bunch for next Christmas to sell!
While my dad and my sister's oldest son were staying at our house for a few days while my mom helped my sister with her new baby, we took a trip to Chuck E. Cheese w/ the "older" grandsons!
Skee-ball was the favorite of everyone!
And of course some basketball!Getting their prizes for all the tickets they earned!
Everyday in the month of December, we put an ornament on their small Christmas Tree and read the Biblical meaning behind it. I used the book call the Jesse Tree.
On a very cold and windy night, my Dad and I took the boys to Main Street (just 1/2 mile away from our house) to see the Christmas lights and take a horse and carriage ride!
And no month of December is complete in our house until we make the Christmas cut-out cookies! It was nice that my Dad and Ethan got to join us this time!
We also made a Christmas Reindeer craft one day while Ethan was visiting!
Levi was one of the 3 kings in the Christmas Nativity at his preschool Christmas program. He was so happy, smiley and proud as he got to carry his gift down the aisle to Baby Jesus! I wish I could just freeze time and all of his facial expressions at his age! He is just too precious!
The Nativity at Levi's preschool Christmas Program
Spending the night before Christmas Eve with Grandma and Papa before they had to head back home to PA.The "Reason for the Season"...Happy Birthday Jesus!





















No comments:
Post a Comment