Saturday, December 11, 2010

An Addendum and Some Pictures

I wanted to add to my post about the easy cookies...
Last week when I made them and was going on and on about them, I had cut the recipe in half. It made about 35 sandwhich cookies. My husband was home playing w/ the kids.
Tonight I made the full recipe, my husband was not home. It took alot longer. The dough was alot more stiff and hard to mix. I still haven't finished putting the icing in the middle and rolling them in sprinkles. But I did have to stop at different times in the cookie making process to either: a) help someone w/ the bathroom or change a diaper. b) get them snacks and drinks c) give them haircuts d)clean up the hair cut e) bathe them f) put them to bed.
Thank the Lord for Redbox $1 DVD rentals and Toy Story 3 (or the "new" Buzz and Woody as they called it)
so, just wanted to say that if you make the full recipe, it's alot more work, but still much easier b/c it's semi-homemade w/ using the cake mix as the base! So unless you are going to a cookie exchange where you need to bring 5 dozen cookies, just cut the recipe in half and you will be fine! And if you have a kid(s) under the age of 4, it will go much smoother if your husband is home...well, I guess that really goes for any task you try to get done when you have a kid(s) under the age of 4! ha! :-)
Here are some pictures from the past few days!
Wyatt was pretty excited about making the Christmas cookies. Notice Levi's sleeves w/ flour all over them!

Levi is really serious about sprinkles

Enjoying their cookies and not wanting to stop for a picture (Dixie is hoping somethign falls to the floor)


This was the first time we used their chalkboard/marker board easel for painting. They LOVED it!

Levi was surprising calm and very delibrate with his painting. I must admit I was a bit nervous about him and paint, but he did so well!

Wyatt loves to get his Home Depot apron dirty (and if it doesn't get dirty by accident, he'll put the paint brush directly on it!)

The finished artwork! And they wanted to keep doing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment