Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Christmas Fun

The boys and I made a trip to Moore, SC (right near Greenville) to see my sister and her family. The boys exchanged presents with their cousin Ethan. Levi and Ethan are just 5 months apart. The kids had a blast playing together. Wyatt and Ethan got along really well....Wyatt loves to tell people what to do and Ethan loves to imitate and follow Wyatt.

I attempted making a gingerbread house with Wyatt and Levi and it was a hit! We did have to talk to Papa and Grandma on Skype to make the "wait" time go by faster. (had to let the icing dry for 15 min. after I first put the house together b4 decorating)

Levi really got into it and was very calm and concentrated (this is a big accomplishment for him)


The finished product!! They only ate 3 pieces of candy each, and I promised they could eat some the next day! I even let them put the candy where ever they wanted and let it be "their" project and not "mine". (which is a big accomplishment for me!).

We let the boys open a present today, and will let them open another one on Christmas Eve as well. Today, Wyatt got this Magna Doodle, and I was totally surprised when he wrote his name. We have been working on writing his name, but the only letters that he had really mastered were W and T. I wasn't worried b/c he still has 2 years b4 kindergarten, but he's really interested on his own and gets very frustrated when he can't write the Y and the A. Sure enough, the first thing he wants to write on his Magna Doodle is his name, and he practiced all day long! Tonight when I came out to the living room after putting Levi to bed, he had made this "masterpiece" and was so excited to show me. I couldn't believe it!! He also added the circle stamps around for the border! Made me so proud and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment