Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preschool Corner

~Wyatt is 4 years old. Levi is 3 years old~


Looking back, I found that the last post about our tot school and preschool corner adventures was quite a few months ago! But that doesn't mean that we haven't been doing "school". That's the awesome thing about teaching your children at home, it can happen anywhere, about anything, at anytime! I just happen to "document" on my blog every once in awhile for memory sake (and the grandparents of course!)
Since I posted last, we have decided to send Wyatt to Pre-K at a Methodist Church Preschool just a few miles away from our house. There were lots of reasons for this change and we aren't committed to a full-year, but are just taking it month by month and praying about what is best as this decision effects each of us in our family unit.
Levi has been a different child at home with me while Wyatt is at "real" preschool as he calls it. Wyatt just goes 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. While he is gone, Levi and I do preschool at home. To read more on the "curriculum" I am using, read this post.
Not only is Levi responding better to the school activities we are doing at home (compared to how he did last year when I did it w/ Wyatt and Levi together), he is responding better to discipline and training, as well as controlling his temper.
I'm sure with the closeness in age and same gender, the competitivness was very present when Wyatt and Levi spent every waking hour together. Physically, Levi can do pretty much everything (if not more) that Wyatt can do. But mentally/socially, Levi is truely a year younger than Wyatt which is completely normal!
Levi and I have had a great 4 weeks of preschool already! It's been very easy to stay right on schedule w/ doing preschool at home every M, W, F while Wyatt is at Pre-K. Here are some pictures of Levi's first day of preschool.



Here are some pictures of Wyatt's first day of Pre-K.




Levi worked on the Days of Creation for the first 2 weeks of school. Here are some pictures of the things he made! I got these ideas from ABC Jesus Loves Me and I Can Teach My Child.
Levi cut on the line that I drew, and then glued the "light" onto the dark". The mini oreos are to represent the light and dark.

Levi glued cotton balls for the "waters above", and colored in the ocean for the "waters below". The frosted mini wheats are suppoesd to be the white clouds and the sand in the ocean.

The pretzel sticks are the trunk or the stem and the green M & Ms for leaves and red M & Ms for flowers.

I cut the shapes and Levi glued them!

Goldfish crackers for Creation Day 5

Animal crackers for Creation Day 6

Mini marshmellows for Creation Day 7

Then we spread out all the Days of creation crafts that we had done, and I asked Levi on which day God rested. He grabbed the 7 and promptly laid down on the floor to sleep (complete w/ fake snoring). He can always make me smile! And when Adam first saw this picture, he asked if Levi was having a temper! ha!

1 comment:

  1. Love how handsome Wyatt looks on his first day of school! Is that a watch on his wrist? We did some of the same things for creation with Ethan. guess I should take pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete