
-Change of State -- Florida to NC
-Change of living quarters -- 2 bed/ 2 bath condo, to an extra master bedroom WITHIN someone else's home (bedroom, living room, office, nursery bathroom all-in-one) to an 800 sq. ft. apartment (with 2 cribs in one room), to a rental house, to a small rental house, to OUR current HOME
-Change of offspring -- 1 baby to 2 babies
-Change of vocation -- working a paid 40 hr/week job outside the home to working an unpaid undetermined amount of hours as a wife, mom, and homemaker + working a paid 10hr/week job from home
-Change of social life -- many, many friends and great church family to knowing no one my age, and looking for a new church
-Change of emotions -- mom of a 6 month old (not pregnant) to pregnant
I did not list those w/ a complaining spirit...I have complained in past. Ok, I have complained ALOT in the past. But I can now say in complete truth that I really enjoy living in North Carolina! Yes, I said it! And the Lord has taught me so much. At the time I didn't understand His timing about everything on that list above, but now that I am thru it and on the other side, I see that it was for the best. His best for our family.
some pictures...
I am 8 months pregnant and Wyatt is 13 months old in this picture.



I'd like to share the verses that have meant so much to me thru the many seasons of change(s) over the past 4 years!
Ecclesiastes 7:9-10, 13-14...Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, for anger resides in the bosom of fools. Do not say, "Why is it that the former days were better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this. Consider the work of God, for who is able to straighten what He has bent? In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider -- God has made the one as well as the other So that man will not discover anything that will be after him.
There were many times that I was angry and saying to myself that it was easier in FL. We had a home in FL. We had friends in FL. etc, etc. I had to read these verses alot and ask God to help me to stop questioning why it was better in FL. And to instead realize that God has made this happen...the "good" times in FL, and the "adversity" w/ all the changes in NC.
Philippians 4:11, 13...for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am...I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
I would try so hard to be content, but I would get so discouraged about having no friends. I felt like I couldn't even invite anyone over to my "living quarters" (first few listed above) in an attempt to get to know them better in hopes of forming a friendship b/c I didn't even have an extra seat to offer them to sit on while chatting. But this verse would encourage me that I would be able to make friends despite not having room to invite people over. I could make friends b/c Christ was going to help me. And I could be content in a small living area.
Psalm 55...the whole chapter really, but esp. verses 6, 16, 17, 22, and 23. Oh that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest...I shall call upon the God...Evening and morning, and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice...cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you...But I will trust in You.
I wanted to "fly" back to FL where everything was easy. I didn't have to look for a home. I didn't have to try to make friends. I didn't have to look for a church. etc, etc. But this passage shows that when trials come you can either flee, fight or fly ABOVE! At times I wanted to flee, other times I wanted to fight the changes and not let myself be happy. I would find the bad instead, and fight any type of feeling enjoying myself in this new season. But finally w/ God's help, I "flew above". God gives us burdens and we need to give them back to Him. Don't ask for wings like a dove to fly away, but for wings like eagles to soar ABOVE!
I have more verses and thoughts to share, but in light of this post, I need to get to bed, so I can get up before the kids tomorrow AM! So I'll share 2 more short ones and save the rest for another post...
Psalm 119:71...It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes.
Job 42:5...I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; But now my eye sees You.
Job acknowledges that his trials brought him into a deeper relationshp w/ God.
I can truely say that it was good for me to go thru those hard times b/c I have learned from God's Word. And like Job, I can see that back in FL, 4 years ago, I had heard the Lord, but now my eyes see Him.
and here are our family Christmas card pictures from the last 4 years:
2007

2008

2009

2010
Oh beautiful you! I'm so glad you've found contentment here! And I am so thankful the Lord has brought us together as friends!
ReplyDeleteI am always here for you <3
Laurie, I LOVE Ps. 55!! I read it outloud constantly!!!! :)
ReplyDelete