Yesterday was my expirence with a fall that resulted in more than just a scrap or bruise. I'm sure I'm in for alot worse with 2 very active boys!
Levi was trying to ride his new Harley Davidson tricycle (which I got at a yard sale for a steal!) Neither of the boys like to pedal although they can reach the pedals, they would rather use their feet to push off and just scoot. I guess that is safer for now??
well, as we were going back up the smallest incline, Levi asked me to push him b/c he was having trouble getting the bike to go. Mind you, I'm already carrying Wyatt's ride-on toy b/c he decided he didn't want to try to get it back up the hill (very small incline :-)
So instead of pushing Levi w/ my hand b/c that was occupied w/ another bike, I gave him a shove w/ my foot. He took off pretty fast and liked it. but liked it so much that he learned backwards, and somehow make the bike do a wheely, landing flat on the back of his head!
Then my tough-guy son who we used to think was missing the gene for pain (this boy hardly cries at pain from injuries or spankings!), started screaming and crying and holding his head. I just sure that I was going to touch his head and come away w/ a bloody hand. But thank goodness, just a big bump!
He was kind of subdued for about 30 min. and worried me a little b/c he didn't put up a fight to be taken inside, and he sat STILL and watched TV (totally uncharacteristic for him). But all is well, just some complaining when I lay him down for a diaper change.
Hey... I recently learned they have pedal-less bikes! Bikes without pedals for toddlers!! Our friends have one for their little guy! It is so cool. They got it from walmart.com. I think it was about $30. It was delivered to their store (Lancaster, I guess) so they didn't have to pay shipping. I'm not sure exactly what it is called, but I bet you can find it! I hope his head is feeling better today. Just keep an eye on his pupils... are they the same size? If so... good! If they are 2 different sizes... call the doc!
ReplyDeleteBTW, your blog looks good! =0)
Melinda =0)