Monday, April 26, 2010

Levi's alphabet and Bible Verse


"No two children are alike". Wyatt loves to be read to, he loves to do "crafts" and "school". He was singing songs and repeating Bible verses when he was 20 or 22 months old. Not only does Levi not show any interest, he tells me, "Mommy, no sing", or "Mommy stop counting". It doesn't bother me that he isn't doing things as early as Wyatt did, it's just kind of discouraging that he asks me to stop doing things! ha!
well, apparently he is still listening, b/c the other day when we were driving in the car, he said, "I'm going to hide" and proceeded to cover his eyes w/ his hands and started to count. Of course he wasn't exactly hiding since he was strapped into his carseat, but he was imitating how Wyatt plays Hide and Seek. He counted very slowly and loudly, but counted all the way to TWELVE!!!
Then the other morning when Wyatt was doing his typical repertoire of songs to himself while he's waiting for it to be 8am, so he is allowed out of his bed, Levi started singing the ABC's w/ him and got most of them right! I about fell out of my chair. I figured he had no idea how to count or say his ABC's!
Since being encouraged by those two things, I thought I'd try to get him to repeat some Bible verses with me (since he had previously said no to that as well). Well, yet again, he said, "No Mommy, no verse". I still said Eph. 4:32 to him.
THEN, a day or two later in the car out of the blue, he says, "Be Ye Kind". I started praising him right away and was so happy. Then when I was done talking, he said "one to another".
So Levi just has a different way about him and loves to say no and just do his own thing, but he really is listening, and will just do things when HE wants too.

No comments:

Post a Comment