Sunday, May 30, 2010

Books

I love books! Although I haven't been able to read as much as I would like to in the past 3 years (little distractions named Wyatt and Levi :-) They have give me more of a reason to read, but less time to do it in! I used to read fiction, alot of Christian romance novels with Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick, and Beverly Lewis being some of my favorite authors. But once I became a mother and was going thru the baby/toddler stages, I love(d) reading books on godly child-rearing. If I hadn't read Babywise I probably would have tried to feed my babies everytime they cried! ha! The Ezzo's books (Babywise, Toddlerwise, and Preschoolwise) have really helped me get my kids on a schedule, and for someone like me who thrives on time managment, it was wonderful! I think having children on a schedule helps develop character and provides structure for the home. Take it or leave it...I know some of my friends do not like the Babywise "method" at all. Seems like you either love it or hate it b/c they are quite extreme in their teachings. I did read a book completely opposite to Babywise, The Happiest Baby on the Block, and I think that helped me balance out some of the extremes in the Ezzo books. Those 2 books are completely opposite on newborns and sleep habits, but were helpful to me as a clueless mother w/ little to no expirence w/ children.
Anyway, this post was meant to be a list of books that I have on my "wish list". I hope to order these little by little over the next year as I earn Swagbucks I'm listing them here b/c I know how much I love reading other's book recommendations, and most on this list have come from just that. Keep in mind, I'm not truely "recommending" these as I haven't read them thru cover to cover yet. As you will see, some in the list are just for the boys. I made them hyperlink if you want to click on them and get more info.

-Big Thoughts for Little People
-God's Wisdom for Little Boys
-God, I need to talk to you about...
-Little Blessings series
-ABC Memory Verses

-Creative Correction
-Teach Them Diligently
-The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections
-Heaven At Home
-Creative Family Times

-Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit
-Slow and Steady Get Me Ready
-For the Children's Sake: Foundation of Education for Homeschool

-The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook
-Family Feasts for $75 a week
-The Complete Tightwad Gazette

-Calm My Anxious Heart
-Me, Myself, & Lies
-Feminine Appeal

Here's a picture of the boys with some of their cousins. Had to include a picture :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment