Woohooo!! after probably 3 or 4 tries (over the last few months), the boys FINALLY go in bouncy houses--or moon walks...whatever you call them! Between me not being very daring or adventurous myself, and the boys being so close in age w/ Levi being more of the "leader", but yet the younger one not into as many "big boy" things, they have sadly turned into a bit of a scardy cat! Most things that are new to them are viewed as scary, and they are very hesitant to try! We have neighbors who are riding bikes w/ training wheels and climbing trees, and my boys aren't even close to want to do those type of things yet! Those neighbors do have an older sibling that has probably encouraged them though. I know Wyatt and Levi will do wild things in their own time, so I shouldn't rush it, right?? But the bouncy house thing...I mean it's all I can do to get them to NOT jump on the couch or the beds, so I thought they would love this outlet of being able to jump unprohibited! There was a SpringFest in downtown Waxhaw over the weekend, and the bounce house was free, so a great place to "try again"!! After waiting for the group in front of us to be done, we (I joined them in the moon walk thing) had the whole thing to ourselves for about 5 minutes. Levi was the most the hesitant which is surprising, but after a few minutes and holding onto my hands, he did it! and you should have seen the look on his face!! He LOVED it! Now we can attempt Monkey Joes in the fall/winter on half-price Wednesdays!
We also have hit the "milestone" of the "WHY?" phase w/ Levi!! ugh!! Already?? Most kids his age are barely talkin 2 word simple sentences. I soooo glad that he talks as well, and as much (well not all the time) as he does, but this "why?" thing is crazy! He's been talking in 2 or 3 word sentences since about 20 months old, and it's quite funny b/c he's still learning about how things work and what things are, but puts sentences together. I could list tons of phrases that he's come up with! One of the funniest recent ones is, "I'm talking to Daddy". He says this when he has asked Adam a question, but Adam hasn't answered, so I answer/reply instead. Levi dosen't is telling me that he doesn't want me to answer b/c he's talking to Daddy! One time he even said, "No, I talking to Dixie"
Sorry no pictures w/ this post! Our big laptop crashed and it out at HP for repair (AGAIN!! not too happy w/ HP)
No comments:
Post a Comment