Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trip to the Beach and other craziness

The boys and I just got back from a trip to Wilmington, NC. I made the 3 1/2 hr drive by myself w/ the boys while Adam was driving 11 hours to PA for a training weekend for his summer job at Trails End Camp. The boys and I stayed a college friend of mine. She lives about 30 min from Wrightsville beach. We had perfect weather for beach days on Friday and Saturday! It was great to catch up with her and share all the joys and trials of our new "grown up jobs" as wife, mother, and keeper of the home while we still feel like are college students back at CCC. I had really wanted to make a trip back to Clearwater, but a 600 mile road trip w/ a 3 yr old and 2 yr old by myself just wasn't going to work.
For the first time, the boys are enjoying the beach w/o any prompting! So far there are some things that we feel like we still have to encourage them to get excited about (i.e. Christmas AM, Birthdays, pizza, etc). I never realized that chilren't aren't born loving pizza or w/ the excitment and anticipation of Christmas AM. Makes sense though! But now that they are getting "older" and figuring out what these things are, they are getting excited about them which includes the beach.
It was so great to see them playing in the sand and water and not being afraid or getting upset. Here's a picture of me and Rebecca and the kids (Wyatt is making a goofy face)! Her hubby watched her 9 mo. old, so we could take my boys to the beach alone.

It was hard for me to come back to my house! I love the beach and especially sunshine! Our "new" house (just a year rental lease), is in the woods. I feel really closed-in and that is very discouraging for me. Rebecca's house was in a nice, new, very wide-open-spaces neighborhood similiar to the one that we had to leave a few months ago when our landlord got her house (that we were renting from her) foreclosed on. The house we had to leave was the kind of house that I had always imagined living in. Not only is the "new" house quite shaded b/c of all the trees, but trees bring bugs!!! all kinds of bugs--outside and inside!! We have to coat the boys in bug spray every time they go outside (even at 10am!!) I guess the canopy of the trees, and the Southern humidity breeds mosiquitoes? And of course the bugs get inside of our house too. I kill at least 3 spider a day. Yuck! I am trying to be thankful for this house, but have a hard time not complianing. I miss my sunshine and wide open space to see the sky! Looking forward to going to PA in 3 weeks to spend the summer up there!
well, the craziness part of the title of this post...today, I had the kind of day that I haven't had awhile! (thank the Lord!) Within the matter of one hour, the following things happened: 1) urine all over the shower curtain, toliet, floor, and diaper genie (Wyatt decided to aim while standing on the stool by the sink used to wash their hands. the toliet is about a foot away and catecorner from that stool) 2) Wyatt had a poop accident in his underwear as he was running to the bathroom and didn't make it in time 3) while cleaning up accident #2, Levi was doing his chore of getting the dog food (which he has been successfully doing for about 3 weeks). But today, he put the dog food in the dog's water bowl (which was full of water of course) 4) while cleaning up accident #3, Levi was putting the bag of dog food back in the closet, and tipped the new, very full bag of dog food all over the floor.
Then we had a break for about 2 hours and nothing happened. Then 4) Levi squirted cleaner w/ bleach into his face when I turned my back to turn off the hose. I starting freaking out, and throw a whole cup of water in his face and mouth to wash the bleach out/off.
How do people w/ more than 2 kids do it?? Needless to say, I did not log in to work for my job while they were napping! I needed a break today!
Here's a picture of the boys being STILL looking out the door onto the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment