anyway, the boys and sharing a room...
From when Levi was 4 months old to 11 months old, the boys shared a room (each in their own cribs). It was a bit stressful to me back then b/c of the crying out from the infant stage that occurs at anytime. But then we were blessed w/ being able to rent a bigger house and they each had their own for a year, and that was RESTFUL, PEACEFUL, QUIET, FULL NIGHT SLEEP, GREAT NAPS, etc, etc!!!
Now we are renting a smaller house and they are sharing a room. Now they both recently had a birthday and are 3 yrs old and 2 yrs old. Now they get each other hyper. Now they talk and laugh after lights out.
So, my question is, do I put them to bed an hour early and let them talk and laugh, so by the time they are quiet it's their normal bedtime? Or do I lay down the law and insist on absolute quiet when lights out?
oh and of course the other variable...Wyatt needs less sleep b/c he's older. So when I put him to bed at the same time at Levi, then Wyatt gets up really early in the AM. So the simple answer would seem, "Put Levi to bed first, then Wyatt an hour later". Oh if only if were that simple!
I've tried that. 50% of the time, it works great! But other times, Levi is not quite asleep when Wyatt comes in, so then I'm worse off b/c now it's an hour later and then are both still awake and take another hour to quiet down.
oh well, guess I'll just keep trying different things to something works!
some funnies:
~I asked the boys one night who we should pray for. They said Daddy (he was out at an activity w/ the campers). Then Levi wanted to pray first. All by himself, he said, "Please help Adam not to get lost" ha ha! (they don't usually call him by his first name and I'm not sure why L thought he was lost!)
~Wyatt started coming out of his room at the beginning of naptime to ask or tell me things. "Mommy, are we almost running of diapers?" and "Mommy, when we wake up, can we play tag?"
Here's a picture of Wyatt w/ my Grandpa up here in PA. He used to be a dairy farmer. Now this is his garden in his back yard! He grows everything from corn to potatoes to strawberries. It's like a mini-field in his back yard! And Wyatt has on his Amish hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment