Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Changes

Changing crib sheets is still one of my least favorite tasks. If you've never done this, it's quite an ordeal in itself and you usually end up sweating and thinking that you should invent something that would surely be more simple! ha! But today I had a flashback to just a little over 1 1/2 yrs ago, and realized how thankful I was to just have ONE crib to change the sheets on today!
I just had to laugh and shake my head when I remembered how just that short time ago I had TWO BABIES, both in cribs, both in diapers, neither could feed themeselves, etc, etc! Sometimes I think back and realize just how crazy it was. This picture is of Levi at 7 months old, and Wyatt at 21 months old. 21 months old...that's usually the age that the older sibling is when a new baby is born. And even then, people say that is "close in age". Well, for us, when the older sibling was 21 months old, we already had a 7 month old! C-R-A-Z-Y for sure! And belive me, when they are babies, a few months makes a HUGE difference. I really think that it's no so much the # of children that you have that make it "harder", it's how close in age they are and of course multiplied with each add'l child! I don't know how you mom's with 3 and 4 kids do it!

But in this picture, the AM started off w/ both boys leaking thru their diapers and both sets of crib sheets and mattress pads needing to be changed. So we were playing musical cribs along with the AM bottle feeding while I changed each set. Alot can happen during the time you are struggling to change crib sheets, so being confined to the other crib is a MUST. (I learned this the hard way)
We have made it thru alot of changes in the last year, so this summer has been much more enjoyable.

Here are some milestones that seemed HUGE for us and have made the summer in PA less stressful:
-They are both walking...WELL! For those of you know who have picked up my kids, you know how hard it would be to tote them around camp. This year, they enjoy to walk and run and don't ask to be carried hardly at all!
-They are both able to feed themselves! YAY! Now, I usually get to eat most meals myself.
-They both crawl up into their carseat! Huge timesaver and alot easier on my back!
-They are understanding the concept of danger for the most part. Again, a HUGE thing which you understand if you have young kids! It's so great to be able to say, "Stay in the back yard b/c the front yard is too close to the road" Before, they had no concept of distance or why roads are dangerous.
-There is only one child in diapers! And the other one can do the whole process by himself!
Man, I'm going to get really lazy and selfish w/o having to do all those things for them anymore. Guess I'll get bored...yeah right!! But it is much easier and more enjoyable! Praise the Lord!

Here is a picture of the boys and I with my Pop-pop (their great-Grandpa). He is a retired Dairy Farmer up here in PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment